Group Design leader – Exterior Trim Ref: C16963
Mechanical Engineering – Gothenburg, Sweden
Are you interested in design and connected car technology? Do you share our passion for people, the environment and our urge to create a superior driving experience? Research and Development is the place for you to prosper.
We are hiring an Group Design leader to work at one of our clients within the Automotive industry, you will be a key contributor to the next generation outstanding luxury cars from the Clients. Together with other engineers around the world, you and your team will create innovative human-centric car technology that makes life less complicated and more enjoyable for people.
Exterior department within P&Q are responsible for the whole process regarding design and development of exterior systems. The section Exterior Trim, within the Exterior department, consists of five groups with around 70 employees and additional consultants. The group Functional Black Trim Engine compartment today consists of 15 persons with responsibility for the development of plenum covers, tread plates and sound absorbers.The work is conducted in an international environment in close co-operation with, for example purchasing, manufacturing, different attribute areas, our factories, as well as external suppliers.
As Group Design Leader (GDL) you are responsible for some of our parts and you will be leading and managing these components in our vehicle programs. In the role you will act, work and develop as a leader. We offer long term development opportunities in a continuously growing field, where you have a direct influence in the development of the group. You will be working in a creative and passionate environment where the cars of the future are created.
- The work is carried out in a cross-functional team and you will be responsible to manage projects through all development phases, from concept phase to running production
- You have the responsibility that time, technology and cost are held and will be kept within the agreed framework as well as secure quality assured deliveries
- Responsible to create assignment time plans which meet the overall project plan
- Report the assignment status and decisions to SPL and Line manageme
- M.Sc., alt. Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent competence through other education and /or professional experience
- Good knowledge in English, both written and spoken
- Experience and knowledge in KDP is an advantage
- Good knowledge of the systems (such as the KDP, LEQM, POB, TSU etc) is an asset
- Knowledge of the project process system VPDS is meritorious
- Structured and have good ability to work independently
- A willingness to take responsibility for your and your team's commitments.
- You enjoy and work well in a team, as well has the ability to build network
- Good communication and planning skills
- In order to achieve the above you are open, creative, positive and have the ability to listen to others
- You rather see opportunities than difficulties
- You have interest in technology and a great initiative
- You are result-oriented
- You should think it is exciting to work in an environment that has a high pace of change
- You are used to take your own initiatives and to drive tasks to target
- You are willing to share knowledge and experience with your colleagues
Assign Group AB is a consultancy company within the Automotive, Aerospace and IT business. Assign Group is the holding company of the subsidiaries Assign Systems AB, Assign Professional AB and Assign Professional Inc.
The majority of our employees are engineers and designers and have extensive experience from there are of expertise.
Since the company was founded in 2005, our focus has been to provide service excellence to customers in our key areas. We are now one of the leading providers in the automotive area with focus on design, electronics and engineering. The industrial footprint in the aerospace and IT sectors is also growing rapidly.
Open to Sub-contract and permanent candidates
Location of work: Gothenburg
Start day: ASAP
Extent: Full time starting with a six month probation period
For more information contact:
Tel: 00 46 (0)73 844 0419