Product Design Quality Specialist Ref: 16361
Design Styling – Gothenburg, Sweden
Are you a skilled and passionate Design Specialist ? Are you also "Professional, Flexible & Engaging"? Then you are the right person for us!
We are hiring an Product Design Quality Specialist to work at one of our clients within the Automotive industry.
Working with Design Quality, you are an active link between Product Design, Engineering and Manufacturing departments. You will work cross projects from initial benchmarks and target settings through to industrialization. You will be responsible for Design Quality assessment and reviews on complete car level as well as on part level. You will provide support to the design department regarding technical constraints and opportunities as well as input regarding Design execution best practices within your area. The role also means that you are representing design department in a cross-functional team, being the window person to our China Operations. We are looking for a person with a strong interest and sense for Automotive Design, combined with strong quality and manufacturing knowledge.
- Min 10 years Automotive experience with relevant experience. Recommended background: experienced
- Lead digital modeler, Perceived quality or Design Quality.
- Strong understanding of shape and surface quality. Strong understanding of Design execution
- best practice, and how to achieve it.
- Strong understanding for Gap & Flush requirement.
- Strong ability to assess Design Quality through physical models and Digital models (Alias,
- ICEM, Catia).
- Very strong drive, can manage conflicts
- Need to be able to appreciate and help developing relevant processes
- Need to be able to assess and review Design Quality on production and pre-production parts
- Good understanding of customer needs and overall vehicle target setting
- A good knowledge of component manufacturing, tooling requirements and lead times.
- Travel will be required.
Software & IT skills
- Team Center Automotive
Open to Sub-contract and permanent candidates
Location of work: Gothenburg
Start day: ASAP
Extent: Full time starting with a six month probation period
Only open to EU candidates
All other candidates will be rejected do to workload
For more information contact:
Tel: 00 46 (0)73 844 0419
Assign Group AB is a consultancy company within the Automotive, Aerospace and IT business. Assign Group is the holding company of the subsidiaries Assign Systems AB, Assign Professional AB and Assign Professional Inc.
The majority of our employees are engineers and designers and have extensive experience from there are of expertise.
Since the company was founded in 2005, our focus has been to provide service excellence to customers in our key areas. We are now one of the leading providers in the automotive area with focus on design, electronics and engineering. The industrial footprint in the aerospace and IT sectors is also growing rapidly.